This is one of those image coloring effects..sometimes it works for your photo..sometimes it doesn't. But one thing I can say is..it works well with scenic photograph. It makes the red element in your photos pop up and at the same time giving the nostalgic feeling, retro feeling to your image and makes it looks like a fairytale.
Retro Fairytale Picture Effect
1. Open your image in Photoshop. Duplicate your image.
2. Go to Layer > New Fill Layer > Solid Color. A small window will appear, just click OK. And you'll see a Color Picker window. At the bottom, type in the color code 4681e1(sky blue)..as shown in the picture below. Then, click OK.
In the layer palette, set the blending mode to Soft Light and reduce the opacity to somewhere around 60%.
3. Create another Color Fill layer. Go to Layer > New Fill Layer > Solid Color. This time choose a really soft brown (code: f0d269) and click OK.
Set the blending mode to Overlay and reduce the opacity to 40%.
4. Again, another Color Fill layer. Go to Layer > New Fill Layer > Solid Color. This time choose a soft pink color (code: e793b5) and click OK.
Set the blending mode to Soft Light and reduce the opacity to 60%.
5. Now, go to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Channel Mixer. Use the settings shown in the pictures below:
For output channel..Green and Blue, just leave it to their default values. In other word, don't change anything.
6. Next, go to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Selective Color. Use the following settings:
And leave everything else unchanged.
7. Here's your layer palette now.
If your image is too dark, set your duplicate layer in step 1 to Screen. Adjust the opacity of that layer until you get a nice coloring on your picture.
Good luck getting this nostalgic fairytale look on your photo. And thanks to all my readers and subscribers..cause honestly my life would suck without you...